Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mmm, sauce!

Wednesday I ordered some tomato sauce from Sugar Free Zone to try with Asher. Parents of toddlers understand when I say that vegetables are a major struggle at the moment in our house! The parcel came earlier than expected, we received it as Asher's dinner was cooking last night and gave him some to try.



Asher was definitely a fan! The sauce is 'Rosella Low Joule Tomato Sauce'. I'm hoping I can find it local as it ended up costing me quite a bit with freight costs, but seeing Asher's face and having yet another door of possibilities open did make it worth while.

Yesterday I was also a bit busy in the fridge. Asher has been keen on helping himself to his food which can be difficult as it's limited and scattered throughout the fridge and cupboard. So yesterday I cleaned up a shelf that is now his with all his refrigerated treats at his eye level. So far it's worked really well, although he did try to help himself to some cheese right as I was cooking dinner which ended in a bit of a meltdown!


For those interested his shelf contains:
- Red grapes.
- Yoplait 'ForMe' yogurt (sweetened with fructose, not sucrose).
- Sultanas.
- Strawberries.
- Cheese sticks/slices.
- Tins of pureed pears. He gets these as a dessert when he finishes all his dinner and thinks it's a big treat! He loves his pears.
- Cream cheese.
- Avocado and pear.

No comments:

Post a Comment